This temple worships Three Mountain Kings as its guardians. The first king, Hsiao Hsian Chi of Jioliao, was a fung shui specialist. The second king, Chiang A-Tsai of Xinliao, was a doctor, while the third king, Li Chun An of Chungcheng, was a soldier (whose descendants have moved to Wanshan Village). Early locals worshipped them at home. After Zongshan Village was founded in 1949, in order to conduct the Chunyuan Festival, the mayor, Zhang Jin-Tu, with villagers built a wooden shed at the current site of Zongshan school, and placed idols of the three gods in the temple. It was declared that Mazu would visit the temple on January 3rd of the lunar calendar, in order to improve their friendship. This was subsequently changed to January 25th due to worshippers’ reaction and divine consent. The temple was used as a classroom as well. The administrating committee of Yunguang Temple was established in 1969, and a site was donated by Mr. Lin Jun-Sung and Mr. Hsiao A-Tsang. After receiving divine consent from gods, the temple was relocated to the current site, being rebuilt into a concrete construction. The temple was named Yunguang Temple, signifying eternal light.